Waterers & Irrigation Pots
- Terracotta thumb pots with sprinkling holes in the base were used both indoors and outdoors for watering plants from late medieval times until the 1700s.
- Simply immerse the thumb pot in water, place your thumb over the hole to retain the liquid, then release your thumb to control sprinkling through its base as & where required.
- The same kind of watering pot, or sprinkling pot, was used in medieval and Renaissance gardens. They would be easy to fill from a pond, trough or bucketl.
- Nowadays, these waterers have had their own 'renaissance' with gardeners as being a gentle way of watering young seedlings in the greenhouse.
- Available as either Apple Green Glazed, Plain Terracotta or for children, a Hedgehog version.
- Our Watering Can & Bird Flowerpot Waterers are great for releasing moisture into your flowerpots, which will help them from drying out, especially on trips away from home...
- NEW - Check out our traditional 'Olla' Irrigation Pot, which naturally regulates release of water into the surrounding soil...
With Multibuys From: £12.99
Irrigation pot for smaller flower pots & containers
Irrigation pot for wall planters & containers
Porous Irrigation Pot for wall planters & containers